British Books Challenge 2018
The British Books Challenge is a reading challenge that will be running here on Tales Of Yesterday between 1st January 2018 to 31st December 2018 and the main focus of the challenge is reading and reviewing books by British authors.
This challenge is available for all bloggers and/or booktubers who review books on their blogs, YouTube channels or readers who review on other websites such as Goodreads.
If you sign up for the challenge you will be aiming to read at least 12 books by British authors (which works out to one a month).
For every book you review each month you will get an entry into the draw to win a monthly prize pack (assuming that you’ve left all appropriate links on the monthly link page!). Therefore the more you review the more chances you have at winning that month’s prize(s).
In 2017 I aimed for 13 books, and in 2018 I’m going to try and reach 15. Here are my planned titles to read:
- The Secret Garden by Frances Burnett
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- The King of Elfland’s Daughter by Lord Dunsany
- Live and Let Die by Ian Fleming
- She by H. Rider Haggard
- Lilith by George MacDonald
- The Red House Mystery by A.A. Milne
- The Well at the World’s End by William Morris
- Rumpole and the Golden Thread by John Mortimer
- A Morbid Taste for Bones by Ellis Peters
- One Corpse Too Many by Ellis Peters
- Lord Peter Views the Body by Dorothy Sayers
- Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott
- The Black Arrow by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
As with all my other challenges, I will be recording my progress on the 2018 Reading Challenges page.